WARNING, DOCSOXX is not a toy. It is to be used ONLY as a decorative sleeve to your dock posts. Use common sense and safety precautions any time you are near the water, near any watercraft, on slippery surfaces, are barefoot, or have children present.
DOCSOXX are not to be used as a flotation device in any manner whatsoever.
ENJOY YOUR TIME ON THE WATER SAFELY!
- Brush off loose dirt or grime before it becomes embedded.
- Wipe up spills as soon as they occur, and spot clean fabric before stains set in.
- Do not use any detergent. Instead use water and a soft brush.
- Do not place your DOCSOXX in any laundry appliance.
Apply your DOCSOXX to your dock posts soon after you receive them to help minimize any creasing that may have occurred from packing and shipping.
Wrinkles will dissipate once your DOCSOXX have had time to acclimate to the open air and to your climate.
As with any outdoor fabric, your DOCSOXX will tend to fade over time. This process is accelerated when they are left outside for longer periods of time.
You will enjoy your DOCSOXX longer if you bring them in regularly and store them in your DOCSOXX Bag.
Carefully place your DOCSOXX inside your Bag, stacking them neatly, and hanging the Bag in your boat house.
Excessive winds may pose the potential risk of your DOCSOXX™ being swept away. If you expect extreme weather, bring your DOCSOXX™ inside.
If you would like to “secure” your DOCSOXX™ to your dock posts, there are several options. These might apply to dealing with severe winds and/or preventing theft.
- Attach a grommet to opposite sides of your square DOCSOXX and screw them into your wood dock post. We recommend 3/16″ grommets and #6 screws.
- Cut a small slit in the exterior of the bottom hem of your round DOCSOXX and insert an 11” zip tie through the bottom hem, then tighten to your preference.
- Purchase an appropriate size hose clamp for each dock post and tighten to your liking then trim off any excess clamp material.